There’s a new way residents can track water usage. It enables them to detect toilet leaks and other water waste that send money down the drain. The Town’s new WaterSmart online portal is now available to utility customers at no extra charge.
Click here to learn more about the new portal, which will help preserve a valuable natural resource while improving customer service.
Customers can monitor water usage from their phone or computer. This is the final step in the Town’s commitment to incorporating smart technology into the utility system.
Starting in 2015, the Town began converting from manually reading water meters once per month to an automated meter that tracks water usage every hour, about 720 times per month. With the WaterSmart portal, details about usage will be at customers’ fingertips.
The WaterSmart portal also will allow residents to communicate directly with the Town utility billing staff if they see water usage is rising but can’t find a direct cause, instead of discovering a problem when they get their bill.
WaterSmart Portal Benefits
- Detailed household usage trend
- Configurable alerts and notifications of issues such as potential leaks
- Customized recommendations for cost savings and conservation tips
3 Steps to Start Saving
- Visit hollyspringsnc.watersmart.com.
- Enter your full account number (e.g. 02498-002) and the zip code. Then click “find my account.”
- Provide your email address and password to access your portal in the future.