In accordance with recommendations by the CDC, beginning Tuesday, March 17, The Town of Holly Springs is closing all major indoor Parks and Recreation facilities until further notice. Our outdoor parks, trails and Farmers Market remain open.
Effective Tuesday, March 17
- The Hunt Recreation Center, HS Cultural Center, and Bass Lake Visitors Center will be closed until further notice.
- All private rentals at the Hunt Center, Bass Lake, and HS Cultural Center are cancelled until at least April 12
- All field and picnic shelter rentals at town parks (including Ting Stadium) are cancelled through at least April 12
Previously Announced Changes
- All fitness classes at the Hunt Center postponed through at least March 29.
- All before and after school care and track out programs postponed through at least March 29.
- All youth and adult programs held at the Hunt Recreation Center, Bass Lake, and the HS Cultural Center through at least March 29 are cancelled.
- All senior program and trips are cancelled through at least April 12.
- All youth athletic leagues postponed through April 12.
- All ticketed performances held at the Holly Springs Cultural Center through April 12 are cancelled.
- Parks, Recreation, & Greenways Master Plan Public Meeting - cancelled (March 25)
- SpringFling (Yard Sale & Egg Hunt) - cancelled (April 4)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee - cancelled (April 9)
Open Facilities (At this Time)
- Town parks and trails are open. It is suggested that visitors practice social distancing and stay at least six (6) feet away from other people, when possible.
- The Holly Springs Farmers Market remains open on winter hours as another resource for residents. The next market is scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 9:30 a.m.-noon at 300 W. Ballentine St., outside the Cultural Center. Precautions are underway to ensure safety for customers, including spacing tents further apart, asking people to refrain from touching fresh produce and encouraging social distancing.