Bass Lake Park
Park Operations Update
Bass Lake Loop Trail Temporary Closure
Recent rainy conditions have created drainage and crossing issues for the loop trail, which currently is closed. Stay tuned for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Parking Lot Repair
Completion of repairs is expected by the end of March 2021. This includes new asphalt where damaged pavement was removed plus reconditioning of existing asphalt so that it looks like new.
- February 22, 2021 Project Status - Placement of silt fencing to control erosion during construction.
Explore Our Park
Relax, unwind and have fun at Bass Lake Park where you’ll find many opportunities to connect with nature. The park is home to many species of native plants and animals, which can be seen along our beautiful park trails.
- Boating & Fishing
- The park partners with the NC Community Fishing Lake Program to stock our 54-acre lake with catfish, but fisherman will also find plenty of bass, bream and crappie.
- No pole, no problem! Borrow a pole trough the free Tackle Loaner Program.
- Park visitors are able to rent canoes, jonboats and Gheenoe boats with trolling motors daily Memorial Day through Labor Day and on weekends in the Spring and Fall.
- Personal watercraft/boats of any kind are not allowed on Bass Lake.
- Trails are open year-round for hiking and bicycle riding. Click here for a map of the park.
- Bass Lake Park is open seven-days a week, 8 a.m. - sunset year-round. The park is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our Facility Includes:
- Conference Center: A conference room and deck overlooking the water of Bass Lake. With a unique beach-house feel, this is a fantastic facility to rent for parties, conferences, weddings and more.
- Nature Center: A North Carolina Environmental Education Center offers native animal exhibits, a reference library and a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Picnic Shelter: A secluded picnic shelter with two stationary charcoal grills and restrooms is available on park property a short drive from the main facility.
- Greenway Trails: A greenway trail runs along the lake and connects to other greenways within the Town.
- Sugg Farm: 117 acres used for special events. Includes an archery field, RC field and a future dog park.