Explore Our Park
Relax, unwind and have fun at Bass Lake Park where you’ll find many opportunities to connect with nature. The park is home to many species of native plants and animals, which can be seen along the beautiful park trails. Bass Lake Park is open seven-days a week, 8 a.m. - sunset year-round. The park is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Boating & Fishing
- The park partners with the NC Community Fishing Lake Program to stock our 54-acre lake with catfish, but fisherman will also find plenty of bass, bream and crappie.
- No pole, no problem! Borrow a pole through the free Tackle Loaner Program.
- Park visitors are able to rent canoes, jonboats and Gheenoe boats with trolling motors daily from Memorial Day - Labor Day and on Saturdays and Sundays in the Spring and Fall.
- Personal watercraft/boats of any kind are not allowed on Bass Lake.
- Trails are open year-round for hiking and bicycle riding. Click here for a map of the park.
Bass Lake Facilities Includes:
- Conference Room: A conference room and deck overlooking the lake. With a unique beach-house feel, this is a fantastic facility to rent for parties, conferences, weddings and more.
- Nature Center: A North Carolina Environmental Education Center offers native animal exhibits, a reference library and a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Picnic Shelter: A secluded picnic shelter with two stationary charcoal grills and restrooms is available on park property just a short drive from the main facility.
- Greenway Trails: A greenway trail travels around the lake and connects to other greenways within the Town.
- Sugg Farm: 117 acres used for special events. Includes an archery field, RC field and a dog park.