Happy Holly Days Tree Trail @ Ting Rules/Decorating Procedures
- You must provide all decorations for your tree.
- The Town of Holly Springs is not responsible for any damage to or items stolen from decorated trees.
- You are free to express your creativity and originality, and we ask that your tree represent your business, organization, or family.
- For weather-related and environmental reasons, the following items are not allowed in tree decorating:
- Berries, popcorn, dried fruit, etc.
- Candles, aerosol snow or other flammable items
- Flocking or tinsel
- Paper, cardboard or any other material that may be damaged due to weather conditions (unless laminated to withstand possible weather conditions)
- If you are interested, you can provide a small basket or container with giveaways from your organization beside your tree.
- Your container should be reasonably sized – a maximum of 2 feet wide x 2 feet long x 2 feet tall. Sizing limits are set so containers do not create a tripping hazard or impede the flow of people moving around the event.
- While you are free to decide what your container may look like – a basket or decorated plastic tub, for example – your container needs to be able to withstand the elements – wind gusts and rain or other precipitation.
- If you are interested in having a container beside your tree, the container is something you would provide.
- As admission to the event is free, you would be able to check on your container and promotional items each day.
- Electrical lights on trees are limited to a maximum of 10 strands per tree.
- Electrical lights must be LED exterior grade only (labeled for exterior use or indoor/outdoor use).
- Need even more lighting to achieve a full Griswold effect? Any additional strands above the 10 LED exterior grade strands must be solar lights.
- The town will provide electricity near your tree. Do not bring your own power strips or extension cords; these are not allowed.
- Trees will be set up in tree stands at the stadium, ready to be decorated, and participants will receive a map showing them where their tree is located. Additionally, signs will be placed beside the trees identifying the organization / family that purchased the tree.
- Tree decorating will take place at Ting Stadium:
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 5-8 p.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 10, 8 a.m.-noon
- All participants MUST decorate their tree within the given time frame.
- The Kiwanis Club is offering optional tree decorating assistance (labor only) for an additional fee.
- For questions during decorating, please see a staff member at the stadium.
- Trees will remain on display through Saturday, Dec. 12.
- Plan to remove all decorations from your tree Sunday, Dec. 13, 1-4 p.m. or sign up in advance to have Kiwanis Club remove your decorations for an additional fee.
- Following the event, you can take the tree you purchased from Ting Stadium. Any trees remaining after 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 13 will be donated to the Kiwanis Club for resale.
More about the Event
- Event dates and times for the public: Thursday - Saturday, Dec. 10-12, noon-9 p.m. (last person in gates at 8:30 p.m.)
- Once your tree is decorated, you don’t need to return to the stadium until the event is over and it is time to remove decorations from the tree. You are welcome to come check on your tree or any items during the event if you wish. Due to the state’s COVID regulations, the number of people inside Ting Stadium at any one time will be limited. Decorators: After checking on your items and enjoying the event, please leave the stadium so the maximum number of people can enjoy the event and trees, also.
- Click here for information for the public about the Happy Holly Days Tree Trail event.