Safe & Friendly
Holly Springs is one of the safest communities in North Carolina with a welcoming spirit and inviting atmosphere.
1. Maintain the Town’s high level of public safety.
- Initiative 1.1: Promote a community-policing philosophy with an emphasis on building "organic" partnerships and unique approaches to meet community needs; and ensure law enforcement personnel are visible and able to interact with residents, visitors and business owners on a regular basis.
- Initiative 1.2: Invest in planning and development of Fire Station #3 to enhance the level of fire and medical response and emergency readiness.
- Initiative 1.3: Invest in data-driven, geo-based and analytical policing strategies to develop a more technology advanced approach to crime prevention and investigations.
- Initiative 1.4: Apply for Police Department CALEA accreditation, recognizing commitment to professional policing and national best practices and standards.
- Initiative 1.5: Develop multi-disciplinary approaches and partnerships to address social, physical and mental health issues with the goal of interrupting recurring cycles and making appropriate referrals to organizations with subject matter expertise.
- Initiative 1.6: Complete a Fire Department organizational self-assessment and draft a department strategic plan in preparation for seeking accreditation from the Center for Public Safety Excellence.
2. Plan for adequate public infrastructure that promotes a safe community.
- Initiative 2.1: Deploy pedestrian safety devices and traffic control measures to enhance pedestrian and bicycle safety.
- Initiative 2.2: Design a network for an innovative and intelligent transportation system with NCDOT.
3. Cultivate a creative and friendly atmosphere that is welcoming to all cultures and the diversity of our residents and visitors.
- Initiative 3.1: Enhance citizen engagement and outreach events for police and fire.
- Initiative 3.2: Identify innovative and receptive approaches to engage communities that are traditionally underserved.
- Initiative 3.3: Develop policies, procedures, and/or mitigation strategies for management of property nuisance abatement.