Engaged, Healthy & Active Community
Holly Springs promotes fulfilling and rewarding lifestyles with abundant, healthy living options.
1. Develop comprehensive parks and recreation amenity offerings to include a variety of parks, greenways, and recreation facilities.
- Initiative 1.1: Prioritize recommended park improvements from the Sugg Farm and Mims Park concept plans and pursue amenity construction at each location.
- Initiative 1.2: Advance design and construction of the Cass Holt Rd Park to build the first park in Holly Springs west of Hwy 55.
- Initiative 1.3: Complete Arbor Creek / Middle Creek and Utley Creek – Phase 1 greenways to establish significant connections between neighborhoods and downtown. Finalize Utley Creek Phase 2 greenway alignment.
- Initiative 1.4: Begin design and construction planning to complete the Jones Park Connector, Ting Park Connector, and Middle Creek to Camp Branch Greenway segments to enhance connectivity of the greenway network.
- Initiative 1.5: Invest in playground safety surfacing, sunshade structures, and other amenity features in our parks and along our greenways.
2. Build partnerships to complement a broad offering of events and programming.
- Initiative 2.1: Leverage mutually-beneficial partnerships to provide additional events and offerings to complement existing offerings by the Town.
3. Provide a parks and recreation model with sustainable financial cost recovery policies.
- Initiative 3.1: Establish a funding strategy to advance priority park and greenway investments, including opportunities to leverage public-private partnerships.
- Initiative 3.2: Align with regional planning and connectivity goals to enhance competitiveness in applying for grants from regional, county, state, and federal sources for greenway and park development funding support.
4. Protect natural resources and provide healthy opportunities for generations to enjoy.
- Initiative 4.1: Enhance sustainable operation and maintenance practices at parks and recreation facilities.
- Initiative 4.2: Install informational signage to bring community awareness to the unique natural resource areas throughout town.
- Initiative 4.3: Provide educational resources and materials to residents of the physical, social, and mental health benefits of outdoor activities and active lifestyles.