Effective Monday, May 11, 2020
Town Hall has reopened at significantly reduced staffing levels for basic customer service under social distancing. For the safety of customers, residents and staff, we recommend that those who need assistance or have questions contact us by phone or e-mail. If you need to visit Town Hall, please follow the designated floor markings and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
How to Reach Us
To request assistance via phone or email:
- Building Code: (919) 557-3915
- Engineering: (919) 557-3938, email
- Planning & Zoning: (919) 557-3908, email
To reach a specific staff member: View our online Staff Directory.
Each department’s webpage offers answers to common questions:
We strongly encourage everyone to continue delivering submittals and payments electronically or by phone. If hard copies, including mylars, need to be submitted or picked up, please continue using our service bins at the back door off the Town Hall Plaza.
All Planning & Zoning submittals (applications, plans, and associated documents) may be uploaded to the Planning & Zoning FTP site at: http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/PlanningFTP or you may e-mail your application to HSPlanning@hollyspringsnc.us.
- All UDO permits for signs, sheds, temporary uses, home occupation registrations, etc., may be submitted in electronic format only instead of paper.
- If you wish to submit a paper copy in addition to the electronic one, you may place it in the submittals box at the back entrance to Town Hall off the plaza. Please understand that applications submitted on paper will be sequestered for at least 24 hours before processing due to health recommendations.
All Engineering applications, plans, utility permits, as-builts, certifications, special studies, and associated documents may be uploaded:
- Uploaded to the Engineering FTP site at: http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/EngineeringFTP or
- Emailed to HSEngineering@hollyspringsnc.us.
In most cases, it will be unnecessary to submit a paper copy in addition to the electronic one. If necessary, paper copies may be placed in the box at the back entrance of Town Hall off the plaza. Please include a flash drive or disk with digital files. Please understand that any application submitted on paper will be sequestered for at least 24 hours before processing.
You will be contacted once your application has been checked for completeness with instructions on how to provide any required payment.
- All review fees that are under $1,500 can most efficiently be paid via telephone with a credit card.
- All fees over $1,500 require payment via check or money order, which can be deposited in the secure payment drop box in the side parking lot next to Town Hall. Please note the specific project your payment is for and ensure the correct department is listed on the envelope for quick processing.
- Payments also can be mailed to Town Hall:
P.O. Box 8
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Comments, official action or approvals will not be issued until payment is received and processed.
If you need signed mylars or other items, please call the applicable department and arrange a time for staff to put your documents in a box at the back entrance of Town Hall off the plaza. Staff may need to gather the materials, so please call ahead for large or complicated pickups. For smaller ones, you may call from the Town Hall parking lot and wait in your vehicle until notified that your materials have been placed outside.
Meetings will be conducted via digital or phone conferencing. Staff members are making arrangements for these electronic meetings as quickly as possible. If you have a meeting and have not yet been contacted within a week of the meeting date, call Engineering (919) 557-3938 or Planning & Zoning at (919) 557-3908 for more information.
Inspectors will be working from their vehicles and adjusting to other procedural changes. For your safety and that of inspectors, please maintain 6 feet of personal space and avoid direct contact such as handshakes, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Remember r that inspectors visit many sites each day. Limiting interaction helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation:
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation. Thank you for doing your part to keep customers, residents and staff safe by preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Conditions continue to evolve rapidly. We will provide any necessary updates as changes occur.