- Boards & Committees
- Tree Advisory Committee
Tree Advisory Committee
The Tree Advisory Committee meets on the second Monday of every other month at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St.
The March 13, 2023 Meeting is cancelled due to lack of quorum.
Approved minutes from the past year.
- Russell Lichtenstein (term ends 06/30/2023)
- Kelly Oten (term ends 06/30/2024)
- Ginny Suever (term ends 06/30/2024)
- Geralyn Williams (term ends 06/30/2025)
- Marissa Parker (term ends 06/30/2025)
- Vacant, Junior/Young Adult Member
- Danielle Hewetson, Town Council Representative (term ends 12/2023); Aaron Wolff, Town Council Alternate
- Thomas Urquhart, Planning Board Representative (term ends 12/31/2023)
- Susan Smith, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee Representative (term ends 09/30/2023)
- Sarah Larson, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee Representative (term ends 09/30/2023)
The Holly Springs Tree Advisory Committee provides assistance with:
- planning an annual Arbor Day event
- guidance about how Holly Springs can maintain good standing with Tree City USA standards
- recommendations on methodology for expenditure of funds for the Street Tree Replacement Program
- recommendations on methodology and criteria for the removal of diseased street trees (those planted between sidewalks and town streets) or perimeter yard landscapes (those that provide town-required buffers between different developments)
- review and recommendations on updates to the town’s tree maintenance guidelines and preferred tree selection criteria
- public information initiatives helping residents understand the importance and need for tree preservation and maintenance.