Online registration for town parks and recreation activities and athletics is about to get a lot easier, thanks to new software.
Benefits of the new software include a much easier search feature, improved security, and added functionality. The transition begins in December.
During December, registration for classes must occur in person at Hunt Recreation Center, Bass Lake Park or at Holly Springs Cultural Center.
Online registration with the new system begins Jan. 2, although you can continue registering in person if you choose.
One exception to the Jan. 2 start is the ticketed performance series under way at Holly Springs Cultural Center. For that, we will wait until next July and the start of the 2018 series.
The new system will replace one that the town has used for about 15 years. The company that created the old system no longer supports it.
- Search by keywords, categories, etc., instead of having to use barcode numbers.
- Create and reset your own password. The old software generated those randomly, and they could not be changed.
- Generate your own childcare tax statements instead of needing to get them from us.
- Create a calendar of your upcoming classes and programs. Also, see everything you’ve registered for with the new software.
- Get multi-child discounts applied online instead of in person only.
- Request reservations online for picnic shelters and tennis courts.
Creating an Account
Account creation begins in December. You will find that to be much simpler than it is now. Even so, we’ll post step-by-step guidance in the weeks ahead. You will need a new account unless you also have:
- An active fitness center membership as of Dec. 1, 2017.
- A child registered for before-school or after-school care or track-out camp for the 2017-18 school year.
- Rented a facility after Dec. 1, 2017.
- Requested a new account online on or after Oct. 1, 2017.
If any of those exceptions apply, we will create a new account for you to avoid double booking and to ensure continued access to programs and facilities.
Other Benefits of the New Software
The new software replaces multiple software that served the same purpose. It automates accounting, saving time. It will also enable us to ensure that participants living outside town limits do not receive the lower rates that Holly Springs residents pay. As a reminder, a Holly Springs resident is defined as a person who lives within the municipal town limits and pays Holly Springs taxes or utilities.
We wanted to give you a heads-up that the new registration is coming soon. More details are forthcoming.
If you have questions at this stage, please email our Parks and Recreation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.