Bass Lake Park
900 Bass Lake Road
Open 8 a.m.-sunset year-round
Relax, unwind and have fun at Bass Lake Park where you'll find many opportunities to connect with nature.
Explore Our Park
Bass Lake Park is home to many species of native plants and animals which can be viewed along our beautiful nature trails.
- The park partners with the NC Community Fishing Lake Program to stock our 54-acre lake with catfish, but fisherman will also find plenty of bass, bream, and crappie. no pole, no problem! Borrow a pole through the free Tackle Loaner Program.
- Park visitors are able to rent canoes and johnboats daily Memorial Day through Labor Day and on weekends in the spring and fall. Personal watercraft of any kind / personal boats are not allowed at Bass Lake.
- The park is home to many species of native plants and animals which can be viewed along our beautiful nature trails. Trails are open year-round for hiking and bicycle riding. Click here for a map of the park.
- Bass Lake Park is open seven days a week, year-round. The park is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Our facility includes:
- The Conference Center: A conference room and deck overlooking the water of Bass Lake. With a unique beach-house feel, this is a fantastic facility to rent for parties, conferences, weddings and more.
- Nature Center: A North Carolina Environmental Education Center offers native animal exhibits, a reference library, and friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Picnic Shelter: A secluded picnic shelter with two stationary charcoal grills and restrooms is available on park property a short drive from the main facility.
- Greenway Trails: A greenway trail runs along the lake and connects to other greenways within the Town.
We ask that you...
- Leave no trace. Please pick up litter.
- Feeding, removing or dropping off of wildlife is strictly prohibited.
- Remember, we accept MasterCard and Visa with a $1 minimum charge and cash payments for concessions and boats. Personal watercraft of any kind / personal boats are not allowed at Bass Lake.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Finish your outing before the park closes at sundown.
- Be considerate of other park visitors.