Planning & Zoning
Welcome to the Town of Holly Springs Department of Planning & Zoning.
The goal of the Department of Planning & Zoning is to enhance the lives of our residents by promoting the mission statement of Vision Holly Springs, the Town's Comprehensive Plan:
“To preserve the small town atmosphere that Holly Springs offers by establishing a "village" that enriches the quality of place by encouraging the creation and enhancement of residential and non-residential development, which ultimately fosters a greater sense of community.”
The Department is comprised of five divisions:
Long-Range PlanningLong-Range Planning involves the creation and enforcement of plans for the Town’s corporate limits as well as special growth areas surrounding the Town to manage growth.
Current Planning involves the review of development projects related to annexation, zoning, subdivision, development review, architectural and appearance review and commercial inspections.
Zoning Enforcement involves permit review for signs, sheds, and temporary uses; site and permit inspections for compliance with approved plans and permits; response to zoning compliance inquiries and resolution of zoning violations.
Technical services involves addressing and ZIP codes, GIS mapping, parcel management data, population and demographic data collection.
The Farmers Market
The Department of Planning and zoning also manages and operates The Farmers Market in the Holly Springs Village District.
Please tell us if there is information that you cannot find. We would also like your suggestions on how we can make the Department of Planning & Zoning website more useful as we continue making changes to the site. Call or email us if you have questions or walk-in and we'll be glad to assist you.
- How can I learn more about new development projects in Holly Springs?
- What type of permit is required for sheds and other accessory structures?
- What type of signage is permitted in Town, and where can I get a permit?
- Who can verify my address?
- What is the Board of Adjustment?
- What is a landscape buffer or easement?
- What is the Comprehensive Plan?
- I want to install a fence, what do I do?
- Can I run a business from my home?
- What is the Planning Board?